This recipe makes 9 pancakes!
½ cup whole wheat flour
¾ cup all-purpose flour
3 Tablespoons granulated sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon cinnamon
½ teaspoon ground ginger
½ teaspoon ground cloves
1 cup low-fat milk
2 Tablespoons canola oil
½ cup canned pumpkin
1. Measure the dry ingredients into a large mixing bowl: whole-wheat flour, flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, ginger and cloves.
2. Add the egg, milk, canola oil into a small mixing bowl.
3. Whisk the ingredients together until blended and add it to the dry ingredients.
4. Add the pumpkin and stir.
5. Lightly grease a large frying pan with canola oil and heat to medium high.
6. Drop in ¼ cup of batter for each pancake.
7. Flip each pancake when you see bubbles rising to the top.
8. Top with apple butter or maple syrup.